Thursday, October 19, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog. I also write another blog Travel Italy.

I work as a consultant for a limited number of private equity firms performing pre and post investment due diligence. Some of the important parts of this process include identifying the feasibility of technology, addressable market, the implementation of production facilities or expansion, scalability, and labor issues.

Too often I express a negative opinion because the entrepreneur, the eternal optimist, either has unrealistic expectations or has not identified risks to the business model from an ever-changing market environment.

The purpose of this blog is to allow others to see into my world and, perhaps, gain some perspective that will help them be more prepared to develop a successful business.

Good reading and Best Wishes in your venture!

Technorati Profile

4 comments:

Jim Belshaw said...

I look forward to reading your new blog, David. Good luck

Travel Italy said...

Jim Thanks. It should be an interesting journey as long as I do not get assassinated in the process ;)

Jim Belshaw said...

Always good to avoid assasination!

Small Business USA said...

Jim Yes, good to avoid if possible. I am not sure how my buddies in Private Equity are going to see this, they may not be extremely content about the whole thing.